Monday, August 22, 2011

i can't remember the last time i wrote a hand-written letter to my grandparents. however, thinking back on how my grandfather raised us while i lived in alaska for a few years, i feel like i probably did at some point during my childhood.

i've got to note though that the written contents of the letter i'm sending are pretty short and succinct because it's in korean, so it's not some sort of epic message that i wrote by candlelight. along with some photos, it's just a few paragraphs that let them know i'm alright and that i've been fortunate to have made some good friends here. while the handwriting looks like one of a first-grader living in seoul, i'm confident everything else is correct since i asked for my friend's help (i was not about to sound like the idiot that i really am in front of my grandfather).

but yes, safe travels to alaska my little friend.

1 comment:

  1. i think it's great that you've written to your grandparents. they'll be so happy. just the sight of the envelope with the blue and red edges brings back so many memories. i used to love writing letters.

    ReplyDelete