Monday, January 14, 2008

i went to the gym today after not having worked out in like 3 weeks. wow- i feel completely exhausted right now, i can't even speak. but damn it felt good to sweat. also one thing i learned today, one of the best things to work out to is American Gladiators on nbc. holy fuck, Helga is intsense, i love it!

after the gym, my friend junho drove me to the local 24 hour supermarket in Astoria called Trade Fair, and i did some grocery shopping. grocery shopping is so much fun. i'm trying to buy only healthy stuff and what not, but i spoiled myself with two banquet tv dinners at $.99 each. i'll save those for a rainy day when i'm craving hot food. one is fried chicken and the other is chicken fried steak with gravy.

i know it's only monday, but so far i'm doing okay on my whole spending $20 on cash throughout the week plan. lunch time is the hardest because i absolutely fucking love halal food, and the smell of chicken over rice with extra white sauce just makes me salivate (i'm literally salivating as i write this). but i was good today and ate my healthy food that i bought from home. we'll see how the rest of the week goes.

2 comments:

  1. good luck, that budget is a bit restrictive for me but hey if you can do it, kudos to you. belated happy new year. just got back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first moved to NYC, I had a $15/day food budget. It was tough!

    But bringing your own lunch helps.

    Keep up the effort. IT is worth it.

    ReplyDelete