Wednesday, April 23, 2008

since a year and a half ago, i've been telling one of my best friends who works at a fashion label that tie-dye will absolutely make a comeback! i just had a hunch and a gut feeling that i couldn't explain but knew had to be shared with the world. along with all my other friends, she scoffed and said i was crazy. fast forward to now, and i have to say i was right, tie-dye has been popping up everywhere.

today at work, i received a package through messenger- and lo' and behold, it's a tie-dye shirt that my friend's fashion label had produced for their new merchandising line. a-ha! well, since i was meeting my close group of friends for dinner, i decided to surprise them and quickly changed into the shirt before i left my office.

we had dinner at moonstruck in the east village.

vindication feels great.


3 comments:

  1. Your boyfriend is kinda cute! What's his name? ;-)

    When I think of tie-dye t-shirts, I envision the 1960s hippie free-love movement. Those must have been wild times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:30 AM

    I don't think that looks like tie-dye at all. If you'd gone to summer camp in the 70s, you would have made them and seen what real tie-dye looks like. That looked like wanna be ti-dye, no offense. Having said all that, the shirt looked cute. It made you look like Heaven-Moon-Water Goddess. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you kidding. I love tie-dye when done right and taken out of context.

    ReplyDelete