Wednesday, January 20, 2010

i love the movie rosemary's baby and i just finished watching it on hbo. it always brings me back and makes me think of the first time i watched it as a kid in alaska. i remember they were playing it late at night on cable and even though there were commercial breaks and was a network friendly version, it was still scary as hell. watching it now is even better because i love appreciating new york city as the backdrop to the movie. i'm obsessed with seeing how different nyc looked in eras other than mine, it just fascinates me. and the movie is just such a great one. roman polansky really created a classic with this one and mia farrow is such a great actress and oh man she was stunning. one of my favorite scenes is when she has all her real friends that she hasn't seen in a while over to her house for a party. i watch that scene and wonder, if i lived during this period, is this what my house parties would have looked like?

4 comments:

  1. Could you believe it? I have not seen that movie yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i fucking love that film! one of my all time favorites. the neighbors! just thinking bout them gives me goose bumps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:59 PM

    love that film.

    and you are a total cutie. too bad I didn't live in NY :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw someone do a post on Mia Farrow's fashion in that movie. I hadn't even noticed that the first time. Nor did I really consider NYC as the backdrop, but so it is! Great flick.

    ReplyDelete