Tuesday, June 22, 2010

sometimes when i'm in the subways or walking down the street, people in seoul stare at me like i'm some bearded lady circus freak...

i'm not sure if it's because of my clothes, size, ink, face or whatever, but i don't take it personally. however, some people tend to stare a moment too long for my comfort and it does aggravate me at certain points and is borderline rude in my opinion.

but whatevs. thank you new york city for making me the person i am today. i'd rather stick out from the crowd than blend in any day. also thank you new york for the big stick up my ass that has been surgically implanted for life.

4 comments:

  1. Still the most honest blog I know. Good to be back here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i bet you would careless if people stared at you in ny. since you pretty much know new york.

    i think it has to do with being comfortable with the surrounding and the people.

    and i guess u still feel a bit stranger in the area and not know the surrounding personally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:28 PM

    I don't see why u wouldn't blend in. as if most korean guys aren't hipster-dressed like u r :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just overly self-conscious. After awhile, you won't even notice it anymore. I have felt that way for the first few months or so everywhere I've lived.

    ReplyDelete