Saturday, February 19, 2011

when i was younger, i had a big problem with using food to cope with my emotions. i used the microwave often during my childhood, but a lot of it was alone during the night. i remember that when the food was nearing complete, i'd always abruptly stop it a few seconds before so the loud, terrifying beeeep wouldn't go off and wake anyone up in the house to reveal my nighttime secret. i also sometimes prefer to just put the timer at a ridiculously lengthened time so that way i definitely won't have to worrying about hearing the beeeeep.

thank goodness i prefer to cook with ovens now, and would rather not eat microwaved food if i had a choice. however, those big girl issues are still there. i just reheated some food for dinner and am by myself at a friend's house, yet i just don't have it in me to let that beeeeep go off. the thought of hearing that noise alone is making me anxious.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:30 PM

    you are me omg

    btw the banner for ur blog is gorgeous
    it looks like a shot out of a fashion/travel magazine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:35 PM

    You're not a fat girl... you're a PHAT grrrrrl... and you definitely look good in the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, good story.

    ReplyDelete