Sunday, March 13, 2011

since i was a kid, i've always forced myself to read books until the very last page, no matter how much i didn't enjoy it or wanted to put it down midway.

starting about a year or so ago, i don't know if it's from laziness or because i'd prefer not to spend time on something i don't want to do, now i just stop reading a book if i'm still unsatisfied by the halfway point. i'm not sure if this is necessarily a good or bad thing though, and wonder if i should just force myself to complete it until the end. but then i think there are so many things to read and do in this world---why spend time on something that could possibly result in an additional, fruitless couple hundred pages?

hmmm, i'm still not sure about this one.

4 comments:

  1. Life is too short to read bad books. There are so many excellent ones out there waiting for you! You're doing the right thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Life is too short for bad books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I'm too lazy to read books, too but honestly you should at least finish the ones you start. I havne't read that many books but there are some which are worth reading:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:28 PM

    wow! I am so very glad to find out that I am not the only one that always felt guilty for not finishing a book til its completion. What I do now is if I find out that a book is full of fluff (ie redundant information) then I allow myself not to finish it. But I agree, books should be about learning and taking you into a journey, there's no point on staying stuck on ones that aren't stimulating ;)

    ReplyDelete