Tuesday, August 16, 2011

it's been so difficult to write anything the past week or so.

i'm not sure what's going on in my head nowadays. i feel like i'm at this critical moment of my life where i'm think about things so differently and starting to truly understand who i really am and what sort of person i think i will eventually grow into. going through these emotions seems odd and novel at times, and all of it just leaves me feeling confused with a stream of never-ending questions.

anyway, i am going to cambodia in a few hours for another visa-run. i'll be there alone for about 2 nights and 3 days, and after doing some research, i've come to the conclusion that i will most likely be spending that time in my room. there's apparently nothing to do around there, and doesn't seem to be the greatest place to travel and explore on my own. i hope i'm proved wrong but i guess we'll see. there's also no wifi at the place where i'm staying so i hope i'll be able to get some work done.

as for now, i'll leave you with a photo i took earlier tonight. i was walking around khao san after getting there by bus and was delighted by what i saw. aside from my first night in bangkok when i arrived on one of the largest holidays of the year, i have never seen the streets around khao san lit up like this. while i actually avoid khao san and only go on those occasions when i need to run a certain errand or if i'm showing an out-of-towner around there, it was nice to be in the vicinity today. all of the lit-up trees and lights reminded me of christmas time back in nyc---my favorite time of year in nyc---and it got me all nostalgic and warm inside. it was also raining again in bangkok around that time, so the streets were wet and looked like nyc-streets that were wet from melted snow.

i hope everyone enjoys the rest of your weeks.

3 comments:

  1. that is really pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe trip and hope you find some new exciting things to do in Cambodia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way streets refract light after the rain! Pretty! You should dig a little deeper into Cambodia. I've heart good things.

    ReplyDelete