Tuesday, October 04, 2011

contagion started playing this past weekend in bangkok's lido theatre.

this theater is a bit more low-key compared to all the large mega-plexes that are located in every mall of bangkok, and plays movies that generally have more layers and dimension. i enjoy going to lido because it has more personality, and is usually less crowded than other bangkok theaters as well.

as for the movie itself, it was nothing short of awesome. i thought it was very well made, and the storyline is plausible and terrifyingly realistic. after watching contagion, i instantly thought of my best friend in nyc, junho, who is an ER doctor, and how grateful i am to have him as a best friend haha.

it's been awhile since i watched a movie in the theatres that i really enjoyed---i definitely recommend checking out contagion. also, it was such a trip to walk out of the theatre and into the masses at bangkok's bustling area of siam after watching the movie alone.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, great movie! I almost cried when Kate Winslet was lying in the gymnasium and gave up her blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to see it yet. Went to the theater two weekends ago and ended up watching Sarah Jessica Parker's I Don't Know How She Does It because it was playing closer to the time I was there and I needed something "light" to clear my mind.

    ReplyDelete