Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"I've been told, you know, numerous times 'there's guys that like big girls!' I don't want a guy that likes a big girl. I just want a guy that likes me---I don't want a chubby-chaser. My relationship with food has very different dimensions. Food can my best friend. Food can be my boyfriend at the moment. Food can be a vacation to the beach that I can't afford to go."
 
said by a young woman on hbo's new documentary series about obesity in america: weight of the nation (via npr's fresh air).

i totally empathize with this girl.

episodes of this hbo documentary are currently free on itunes, so i've already been able to check out a few of them. it's very well made and there's so many different things i was able to learn from it. please go check them out too if you're interested at all.

1 comment:

  1. i was thinking about this and i think that its a war on fat people which are easily identifiable and easy to hassle.

    ReplyDelete