Sunday, September 16, 2012

There's a small baby lizard that lives under my front door---and I mean that literally.

This little tot is about as big as the size of an American quarter, and can usually be found hanging out in the small slot of space right under my door. I first noticed the baby a few weeks ago, when I would see it cutely scamper away when opening my door to leave my place. Then I started to notice that when I would come home and open my door, it would reveal itself again and scamper away another time, but this time into the inside of my studio apartment.

The fact that the little amphibian is there doesn't bother me in any way, and I always say hi to it and tell it that it's more than welcome to stay for as long as it likes. I started thinking about why it's choosing to always hang out right under my door, and the only conclusion I can come to is that it enjoys people watching. My place is the first door one sees when exiting my floor's elevator, and I wonder if the little guy (or girl) just likes to take in the newness of its world by watching from the safety of the shadow under my door.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I love lizards, so cute and twitchy, hih ^^. We used to (and still do, presumably) have a lot of lizards scurrying around in our country house's yard c:.

    /LauraElizabeth (。・ω・。) @
    ♥ Black Velvet Hearts ♥

    ReplyDelete