Thursday, November 08, 2012

"Bill Clinton---who always had girlfriends---looked at Hilary and said, 'I've never had a girlfriend like that. I can't believe that somebody as smart and as virtuous as Hilary---that she wants to be with me.' Hilary looked at Bill Clinton---outgoing, popular, successful---and thinks 'I can't believe somebody like that wants to be with me.' And I think they're both kind of mystified that the other person was attracted to them."

Said by the journalist John Harris in the PBS American Series called CLINTON.

I really enjoyed the first episode of this 4-part series which is currently available to download for free on iTunes. Learning about Bill and Hilary's relationship and journey through politics together was really interesting. I have so much more respect for Hilary than ever before, and really admire all the work that was put in in order to make their symbiotic union work. And while I know their marriage isn't perfect and has had a lot issues, there's still something very special and loving about how they've worked together as partners to achieve so many of their common goals in life. That sort of commitment is something I too strive for with a loving partner some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment