Sunday, November 04, 2012

It's been longer than usual since I last had a haircut, so I went first thing this morning after washing up. The weather was really nice when I left my place, resulting in me deciding to take a motorcycle taxi all the way to the salon from my soi.

The stylist I have been going to for the past year here in Bangkok is around the same age as me. Sometimes we'll make small talk, and we've even hung outside his workplace once or twice in the time I've been going to him.

Earlier this morning when he was doing his thing, he suddenly asked me if I've been more stressed than usual as of late. The question seemed a bit off to me, because we don't usually talk at that depth. I had to think about my answer and how invested I wanted to become in the conversation.

I responded with something vaguely generic before asking him why.

Then he told me that on the right side of my head, there were small patches where my hair had fallen out due to stress. He said that he's good at recognizing them, and that while I sometimes would have a patch here and there on most days, that there appeared to be more than usual today.

Yikes.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:15 AM

    There are many causes of hair loss. Go consult a dermatologist.

    ReplyDelete