Friday, January 25, 2013

"I experienced a profound gathering of focus. Now my entire life---all my thoughts, my feelings, everything---was about finishing this book. It took me 7 days to write the first draft and then several months to work through the revisions made by the literary agent who took me on and who is now, these many years later, my boyfriend. He is, in fact, preparing a roast beef about 30 feet to my right as I recline on a 20-year-old rattan chair. We are at a villa on St. John. This is my life, all because I stopped drinking one morning by accident in order to write---and I didn't stop writing until I had a book, and I never drank again."

From the article, Sharpen Your Resolution, by Augusten Burroughs in the January/February issue of Men's Health.

No comments:

Post a Comment