Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My neighborhood here in LA has been on lockdown all morning. 

Two police officers at a nearby precinct were ambushed with gunfire early this morning before sunrise, but managed to survive the attack. The LAPD have been on the hunt for the gunman since, and that explains all the helicopters that have been constantly hovering above in the sky. It's funny because it seems like LA already always had helicopters continually in the sky, but what's going on right now is like that situation on steroids. The street I live on is also closed off by police officers, and some from the parked cruiser at the end of my block even told me to get back in the house earlier before when I went out to walk Madden.

This police precinct the shooting happened at is apparently much larger and important than I imagined because it covers a lot of different parts of LA. Knowing of its proximity is comforting I guess. Anyway, it's my day off from work, and I wanted to go to yoga this morning but oh well. Guess it's another day of staying in.

No comments:

Post a Comment