Monday, January 06, 2014

Happy 2014!

With no Internet at my current living situation, it's difficult for me to get online with my computer on most evenings.

Right now I'm sitting with my laptop at the Starbucks inside the Union Square Barnes & Noble, but it's really difficult to concentrate here. With the endless stream of seat-seekers, customers, loiterers and crazies as distractions, I don't know how people get any actual work done at this place.

I was recently doing some self-reflecting upon my year that just passed, and it feels like I got a few things here and there accomplished. Overall it was a good year, but the one thing I really hope for in 2014 is some stablity. I honestly feel like it's been quite some time since I last truly felt this, and I'm adamant on making it my goal of the year. Stability in income. Stability in a place to live. Stability in health care. Stability in a career. Stability in a relationship. Ahh yes---stability.

The only stability that I do feel like I've had in the past five or so years was thanks to my sister, and also close friends. Whenever things in my life were rocky and volatile, I knew I was able to count on them for some moral support, a shoulder to comfort me, or even a couch to crash on---and I thank them so much for that.

Well, it's still the beginning of the year, so lets all make it a good one!

Happy Monday.

1 comment: