Sunday, July 13, 2014

The weekend so far has been really nice.

My roommate went out of town for the weekend, and my bro-in-law also had a business trip, so my sister has been staying at my place with their dog since Friday evening. It feels like our childhood in Flushing again whenever we're alone together on weekends. This is something that we sort of grew up doing---and staying in for days and just ordering food while vegging in front of the television is our version of a real good time. At night booze is definitely had, so whatever we're eating ends up tasting even better!

It's kind of funny when I think about all the weekends we've spent together as shut-ins, hiding away from the world in the comfort of stretchy pants. Now that we've both become adults with our own lives, it's not like we're able to plan ahead for weekends like these. In some weird way, they just end up happening every once in a while, and I've come to really appreciate that. All of this has helped me realize how much I treasure time off where I'm able to spend it with the people I love, and that I need gatherings like these on a regular basis to feel normal and connected.

My brother-in-law just returned from his trip and has come over my place now, and the 3 of us plan to watch the World Cup finale at my place together. The Argentina vs. Germany game will be starting in about 15 minutes, and we're all excited. Unfortunately though, I have to be at work later today by 6:30pm so it'll be hard for me to get truly into it, but it should be a fun time nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment