Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Sometimes, I just need to turn the television off and step away from the screen.

I spent most of August just bumming at home, doing nothing but plopping myself on the couch for hours or sometimes days on end. I had been working a bit much since the spring, and wanted to take the month of August to just chill out a little. Waiting tables on top of being at my regular office-hours job just ended up being way too much face time with people, so it was nice to take a short break from such a busy schedule. Walking home around 5 to go zone out on the tv all night for an entire month was pure bliss. To do absolutely nothing until the next morning just to go home at 5 later that day to do the same thing again, it was something nice to look forward to. Watching all that television though did make me see that there's a difference between watching a show you like, and flipping through hours and channels of inane programming, which ultimately does get tiresome. I have to say that while relaxing was nice, trying to be productive just makes more sense. There's stuff I know I should be doing.

With Labor Day now behind us, the summer is over. And it's time to get back into work mode and stop doing things that will ultimately end up being pointless.

I've come to realize some things recently, and I really need to break out of my patterns. Trying new things and meeting new people wouldn't hurt.

FOCUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment