Sunday, March 22, 2015

Anytime I catch myself overthinking something nowadays, I try to stop immediately to focus on something more tangible. This oddly seems to happen a lot while I'm using the bathroom, and results in me staring directly at tiles on the wall to study all its overlooked details.

It's funny how the concept of overthinking is not something I ever fully grasped until about a year or so ago, but now it crosses my mind a few times a day when I catch myself starting to ponder about random things. It's been really useful actually, because it helps put me at ease at times and takes the edge off my anxiety. Being able to do this has allowed me to just approach things differently, and I like it. If an old boss had never started to jokingly use this term about me at work, I'd probably be going through the same mental cycles about everything constantly throughout the day. It's nice to be able to turn the volume down a notch.

When I read back on some of the content of my old entries here, it's like woah okay my mind is really just going off tangent. The feeling is both funny and sometimes gratifying because I can recognize that while I still have a gazillion things to work on, this is one thing that I feel I've grown and improved upon.

Woot woot, 32. Life is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment