Saturday, January 23, 2016

When it began, last night's snowfall was the first real one of the winter for New York. It was pretty at first, and stepping out into it after leaving a bar with friends felt nice.

However, the snow had really accumulated by this morning. I left my friends' place in Brooklyn after crashing on their couch and headed to the subway. There was barely anyone out, and the quiet tranquility and blanket of softness on the streets had me sentimental. It's nice to be back in the comforts of home though. It was really getting windy and ugly by the time I got off the subway back in the city.

I'm sure the snow will eventually turn into messy slush, but below is how it was a few hours ago on this wonderful Saturday morning. The view from Fulton Streets in two boroughs wasn't that different, especially with the Freedom Tower in the second photo totally washed out.


No comments:

Post a Comment