Sunday, January 07, 2018

I hope everyone is having a great new year so far.

I just got back from a work trip from San Francisco this morning and have been sleeping all day. Gosh, there's really nothing like being in your own bed at home. I slept like a log and woke up just now feeling disoriented by the sunlight that had disappeared.

Visiting San Francisco for the first time ever was really fun. I only spent three days in town and didn't have too much time to explore, but was still able to walk around and check out a few things here and there. On my second night, there was even an earthquake. It was past 2am and I was lying in my bed at The Fairmont staring directly into my phone. I heard a sudden banging noise at first and thought another room next to mine was having loud sex. But then I felt the rumbling and shaking and thought oh okay this has to be an earthquake. I can't lie and say there wasn't a quick moment of sheer terror wondering, alright, what do I need to do next in this situation? But thankfully, my boss texted me the moment after with instructions on what to do in case of an emergency. I was totally fine after that.

It's so painfully cold here in New York right now. Like, it hurts to be outside. I was happy staying in today to just cook and lounge around after I got back from the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment