Friday, July 06, 2018

My bedroom is too small to fit my desk, so I had to put it in my living room. And there's nothing like sitting alone at it with my computer while in a quiet room. It feels instantly different from the times of having it on my lap watching tv on the couch, or even when I'm being super lazy with it lounging in bed. There's no distractions. It's just the laptop at easy-to-see eye level forcing me to sit up and pay attention. Anytime the tv is on, it's bad for me because it becomes my main visual focus. It'll make me glance at my computer screen for a second before darting my eyes back up and away. I don't care how much more great technology gets invented, but my attention span can not be dissected between fighting elements.

It was the 4th of July a few days ago, so we're well into the summer right now. It's been good so far. I like feeling the warm weather and working up a small sweat from just being on the subway platform. The one thing I haven't done yet is go to the beach. It's been a few years since I've been, and I've never been an avid beachgoer here in New York in general. But I definitely want to go to one a few times this summer, so I'm looking forward to just laying out under a big umbrella and chilling for a bit at some point. Plans of going to the beach are really my only getaway plans for the season. I have no real plans to do anything else major, which is totally okay by me. Because there's something about the older I get, the more I know myself, and I like the options that come along with having no set plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment