Thursday, August 02, 2018

I'm lucky to have gone to the beach three times so far since I mentioned it in early July. I hop on the A train from my place uptown and it's just one long straight shot to Far Rockaway in Queens. Two of my beach days were by myself, and I love lying out there alone in a non-busy area. I have a beach umbrella I always bring with me, so vegging out there for hours is very easy. Although on my third time there, it was so windy that my umbrella wouldn't stay up. Since it takes me at least an hour and a half to get there, I always stay for a good amount of time. I see it as a full day commitment, and wasn't going to leave just because of the lack of shade. So after many years, it forced me to actually get some sun and a tan. I loved the wind and sun on my skin, I was totally content being there to feel far removed from the city.

Here are some pics from my trips so far that were taken on my phone. On the second outing, I had run out of beer and a guy selling nutcrackers walked by. It was some sort of citrus flavor with gin, which was well worth the $10. For my third trip, I decided not to drink. Then I ran into a Mr. Softee ice cream truck on the walk back to the subway station. What I especially loved about this truck was how well maintained it was, and how all of the prices were clearly labelled. It had been years since I had ordered a milkshake from an ice cream truck, so I got my childhood favorite, a banana milkshake. After a long day at the beach, it was the perfect thing to gulp down. I was finished with it before I got to the nearby train station.









No comments:

Post a Comment