Tuesday, June 22, 2010

depression is a scary thing.

it's like you're walking along the railroad tracks, minding your own business and holding some rare wild flowers you've picked that miraculously sprouted from under the lifeless train tracks. then out of nowhere it comes and hits you like a freight train, and you're unable to get back up on your own two feet or function. i wish there a train horn or vibration from the tracks or any clear warning that it was coming but i think even if there was, there's still no way to stop the inevitable.

the good thing about any of this is for me it comes in waves, and those waves usually do end at some point.

i'm feeling much better and even managed to go for a run today.

moving or being in a new city isn't making me depressed in any way, but there are definitely things that can trigger it.

3 comments:

  1. hmm. maybe I should visit you. though I dont know if that will clear depression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go through this, too, Thwany. I know it sounds cliche but I really believe in the power of a good (and affordable!) therapist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get help, Thawny. There are many people who go through what you do every day. Find someone you trust, who won't judge you, to talk about it. First step is taking ownership of it and getting help.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete