Sunday, August 15, 2010

there comes a point in our lives where we must reevaluate the things that have not been working thus far.

when it comes to dating, i've always thought that i wanted x and x in a person, but whenever i got it, i realized it wasn't what i thought it would be. i thought those were things that would make me happy, but in reality even though a person might have had those qualities, they lacked other things that i never even considered. therefore, i've come to the conclusion that an "ideal" person or type does not exist for me and i've given up on looking for them. i'm going to try something new and even if i meet someone that i don't feel an instant attraction or connection with and would usually just sign off on, i'm still going to instead give it a sincere try if they're a good person and someone i could at least get to know more. i figure it's worth a shot.

on a side note, i really need to compile a list of descriptions for all the people i've dated--- the list just gets more and more interesting. dating is fun.

7 comments:

  1. sounds like a good idea!
    ps, like your new profile pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you're up to sounds like a lot of fun. You'd really have a hard time finding someone if you've got too much standards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. def. give everyone a shot! sparks my ignite. Except vegetarians. They are unloveable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:30 AM

    We're more ideal when we're young. When we're through that, we accept anything in spontaneity. dating is always fun. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice profile photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:31 AM

    jesus christ uve basically laid out my issues in the past 5 years. crazy =/

    well usually i'm the guy on the other end :(

    I seem to fall in love with every guy who gives me a tiny bit of attention, even if they're not initially what I think is "my type"

    I've had ppl settle for me and play around and then just dump me on the spot though which is a bad thing. it's fun to date but be careful not to lead someone on

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to start dating too.

    ReplyDelete