Wednesday, February 23, 2011

does anyone else have a problem with actually using their "good stuff?"

we all own at least one or two items that can be labelled as our "good stuff." it doesn't matter if it's that piece of clothing you only wear to special occasions or your favorite bowl that's used to eat one certain dish or the 5 year old couch still wrapped in its original plastic-wrap, these items have some sort of special monetary or sentimental value to us. we tend to use these items sparingly and try our best to give them long and productive lives.

i recently ran out of the facial lotion and since i'm on limited funds right now, i've chosen not to purchase another at the moment. i tried going without face lotion for a few days, but quickly learned that i'm not 18 anymore and what used to be inessential is now a daily necessity. afterwards, i started using these small sample size bottles of facial lotion that my sister gave me 2 years ago. i guess i always considered this my "good stuff" and chose to save it as i continued to purchase my preferred lotion whenever i ran out.

i was putting some on after my shower just now, and i thought, "why the fuck did i save this for 2 years?" i mean it works great and whatnot, but i lugged (okay yes i know they're tiny) these bottles to every damn apartment i lived in and country i travelled to for the past 2 years. i'm elated to finally put them out of their poor misery of being schlepped everywhere for no reason. i should've just used them a long time ago and moved on.

thanks, life!

6 comments:

  1. lol...i think its a mentality a lot of us have...i have tons of clothes i did that too and now they dont fit :( ...terrible misery i say..but oh well..we learn and try not to do it again i say :)

    http://donotshoeme.blogspot.com/

    follow if u like what u see?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:45 AM

    funny post to start my day! thanks ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my stuff are "good stuff" so I use it every day. Because I'm such a clutter-phobe, I don't buy or own "less than good stuff". I throw things out once I don't use them anymore.

    Disclaimer: My "good stuff" is a relative term because some people think my "good stuff" are really trash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:19 AM

    My mom always said:

    "..if there's a moment where you want to buy or use something, do it, because there's never a better moment then that time."

    Of course.. not always, but in the case of 'good stuff.' It's not worth any good if it's not being used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i make an effort to use all my "good stuff" as often as i can, because i keep thinking if i get run over by a bus tomorrow, i want to be able to die with a smile on my face, and not regretting that i never enjoyed myself in life.

    ReplyDelete