Saturday, June 29, 2013

In about 6 hours, I'll be boarding a flight for Anchorage, Alaska.

The circumstances of my visit are saddening, but I look forward to paying my respects to my uncle.

Along with a lot of relatives, I'm also going to be reunited with my parents for the first time in over three years since I left NYC for Asia. They're currently living in Chicago and their flight will be arriving within minutes of mine, which should make for a nice meeting at the Anchorage airport.

It's been 15 years since I last stepped foot in Alaska. My family---along with practically all relatives on my father's side---have some sort of roots and connection to the state. I myself lived there from the 3rd-7th grade, and my memories of that time are very fond and often something I enjoy reflecting upon.

Returning after such a long time away will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment