Tuesday, July 24, 2018

I went to a restaurant last week with a friend for some drinks and snacks. This was after coming from another bar, so we casually grabbed two stools near the entrance and ordered from there. Our server was completely nice and we had a good time with no problems. When the bill came, my friend and I split it equally, and we had decided that she'd pay all the tip on her card. I didn't feel like writing zero on the tip line of my check, so I wrote "friend" to let them know my gal pal was tipping for the whole bill. Then I checked the charge earlier today on my card, and the restaurant had totally overcharged me by adding on a large tip. I couldn't believe it. The receipt I signed had clearly indicated that my total payment was for the amount my card was charged, and nothing else. I called the restaurant today and someone on the phone helped credit me back my money. But what gets me is a year or so ago, I had gone to this restaurant and had the same exact problem happen. Even then, they overcharged me on the tip when I sat at the bar, and I had to contact them to fix it. In general, this has never happened to me at any other restaurant, ever. Maybe this is a coincidence, or maybe it's really not, but after thinking about what happened today, it's like, no thank you. There are too many other great places to go eat and drink at than deal with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment