Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Today, I turn 36.

The way a person celebrates their birthday is always a good indicator of who they are, and where they're at in their life for that year. I feel like for me, my annual observances have just gotten quieter with time. They fade more into the background as the responsibilities of everyday living have piled up. I'm not into calling any big get-togethers because the dedication those require are put aside for those milestones of a new a spouse, child, or mortgage. But I'm totally fine with that. Because I'm more interested in seeing most of my friends throughout the rest of the year, when catching up isn't just about a birthday, but the other important things that happen between each one. You know, because of my lack of spouse, child, mortgage, and all.