Tuesday, November 20, 2007

i'm pretty exhausted but i wanted to make sure i wrote an entry today.

tonight is my last night sleeping at my house. i'm going to sleep at the UES apartment for the first time tomorrow, and then come back to my house in Queens on Wednesday after work to move the rest of my stuff out of here.

i have to say that knowing that this is my last night in my house is a bit weird. i find myself feeling a bit nostalgic, and can't stop thinking about all the memories i'll have of this place, both good and bad. today i started doing some heavy duty cleaning and threw away some furniture and my tv! oh man, it's such a weird feeling to not have a tv in my room... everything feels so quiet and eerily empty. does anyone else know that feeling? when you're moving into a new place or moving out of an old place, and you have no tv and the house just feels so odd? yeah, that's what i'm feeling right now.

since i've always been comforted in my "throw away therapy," meaning whenever i'm in a bad mood i just throw stuff away, i didn't think i would have much stuff to move. in all honesty i dont, but i have a massive amount of books. it's crazy that i never realized the amount of books i really have. aside from that, i have some clothes and that's pretty much it. but i still sort of feel like i have too much stuff. it's good because i've come to realize that materialistic things don't really matter as much as they used to. in fact, aside from books and digital music, i don't really like having anything. just looking at all the boxes in my room now make me cringe, i can't even imagine how much stuff i'd have if i didn't do my "throw away therapy."

sighhhh.

it sucks that i have work tomorrow and that i can't enjoy my last night here. i'm completely exhausted and know i have to get up early so i guess that's it for now.

good bye home... thanks for the past ten years. now it's time to move on and make some new memories in different places.

2 comments:

  1. In the last 10 years, I moved 3 times -- from college in Louisiana to NYC (minus 90% of my old stuff) and then from the apartment in Astoria to my current place (minus 50% of my newer old stuff).

    Since then, I'm adopting a zen lifestyle -- I don't buy stuff unless I can eat it, wear it or sit on it. I recycle all my magazines to my neighbors and friends or leave them at the laundramats. I throw out a pair of old jeans when I buy a new pair.

    Good luck on the move and enjoy the feeling of not being burdened by materialistic objects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. change is good and new happy memories are always something to look forward to. good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete