Monday, April 28, 2008

i totally forgot that i wanted to write about my living situation.

well, i've been in astoria since january and suffice it to say, after what is 4 months of living here, i can no longer stand it. on saturday i told my roommate that i'm leaving at the end of may and this is exactly how our conversation went.

ME: "hey saba (made up name), i just wanted to let you know since it's almost the end of the month, that i'm going to be leaving at the end of may. just use my last month's rent check i gave you when i first moved in."

SABA: "okay."

ME: *a bit shocked that he didn't hassle me* "great!" *smiling as i go back to my room to get ready for my friend's bday*

i dont think my roommate was at all surprised because i've been having A LOT of issues with the apartment in the past few months. oh man i cant wait to blog about it and list all the crazy, disgusting shit that's happened to me here! but that'll have to be done when i'm in a new apartment and the memories of living in this shithole are something i could laugh about for the rest of my life.

so it's official, i have to look for a new place to live in starting in june. i get to live with more crazy strangers from craigslist, oh joy! it's funny how i don't know a single person who is moving out and needs someone to look for an apartment with. if anyone knows of any normal ass people in nyc who are in need of a roommate starting in june, send them my way. i'd love to stay in astoria, and will ABSOLUTELY not live anywhere where i have to take the 7 train (i have issues with everything about that line).

1 comment:

  1. Hey dude, you leave my 7 train alone.

    Don't make me go to Astoria and kick your ass. :-)

    *runs and hides*

    ReplyDelete