Monday, June 16, 2008

i went to aspen for 5 days because that's where the magazine i work for throws the number one culinary event of the COUNTRY every year over father's day weekend. being there made me feel so proud to see months of hard work come to life. everyone just enjoyed themselves over the weekend, and even though i was there for work, it felt like an awesome 5-day vacation instead. being there was not work to me, i had the time of my fucking life and couldn't believe how lucky i was to be a part of such an amazing event. it was pretty cool to see that this whole event was put on by a team of no more than 15 people, and i was one of those people.

i did way too much stuff there to even begin listing all my favorite things, so i'll just leave you with these pictures. all i can say is: aspen is an absolutely breathtaking city, i saw melanie griffith walking down the main street of town smoking a cig, got kicked in the back thigh by ming tsai, finally was able to see the big dipper again in what felt like years, had a broken phone on my 2nd day there and i am still without a one even now (it's lonely without a cell phone at my apt, i have no one to talk to at all), got sunburnt and was able to take a bath. hell fucking yeah.

ps- on a random ass side note, how crazy is it that i saw my halal lady on the subway platform today late in the evening in koreatown and we said hi to eachother? haha nyc is really such a small city.











2 comments:

  1. I wanted to see a pic of Ming Tsai!!!!!!!! What a gyp this blog is... man... you just don't get your money's worth when you log on to this blog!!! :-P

    I must admit, the glasses make you look uber cool... I bet you don't have too many friends who use the word "uber" like that... :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was Morimoto wearing?!?!

    And how did Ming Tsai kick you in the behind?

    ReplyDelete