Wednesday, February 09, 2011

i'm really enjoying my time in thailand, thanks to the fact that i've been fortunate to make some good friends here.

everyday of my life seems like something out of a story filled with lively plots, and i just happen to be a character who's existence can only be found in this text. i don't live anywhere beyond these day-to-day scenarios, and i think i'm okay with that. each of my days are comprised with extraordinary happenings and memories that i want to remember for the rest of my life. i have moments where i take a minute to myself and think, "remember this. remember this." sometimes i also question, "who am i to be able to live a life where i'm blessed to have such wonderful people around me?" sure, there are lots of things in life i lack like money and what not, but i still consider myself to be one of the most luckiest guys in the world.

i could go on and on and effusively write forever about how fortunate i feel and how humbled i am by life on a daily basis, but i'll leave it at this.

for now, i'll just share some photos from my recent trip to laos. i went a few weeks ago for a visa run, and my excursion was spectacular. i chose laos because it was the most affordable choice to exit and reenter thailand, and i definitely recommend the country to anyone who is considering laos as a possible holiday destination.

also, on a side note, i think my 3 best friends from nyc might come to bangkok in april to visit me. i truly am blessed to have such wonderful people in my life...







8 comments:

  1. sounds like you're having a great time in thailand. keep enjoying it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you're having a great time-happy for you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. and i forgot to mention, you're still so fucking cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:32 AM

    sounds so fun. really wish I could take a year excursion in asia or anywhere outside of the US really and have myself an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to hear that you are doing well in your new environment!

    ~A

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg woooooo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are having a good time, Thwany.

    I totally get the "remember this, remember this" moments. Sometimes, I even snap my fingers as it I have the power to freeze time so I can cherish the moment a little longer.

    Unfortunately, the last time I felt that way was a couple years ago when I was on vacation in Rome and escaping a shitty work situation at home. It felt so great to have no agenda or plan for the week, and to not have to think about work.

    ReplyDelete