Friday, March 16, 2012

last night i was sleeping around George Town, but i relocated today to batu feringgi, which is the most popular beach spot on the island.

i was expecting the place to be massive from the way i pictured it on the cab ride here. my driver was really nice and he answered all the questions i had, and because of it i imagined some major tourist spot teeming with people. i was relieved though when i realized that it's much quainter and quieter than i expected.

my driver dropped me off in front of a few guesthouses that are all next to one another, and this location is actually the only place around this beach that has guesthouses. i looked at a few establishments, and ended up picking the first one i saw---which was directly in front of where i stepped out my taxi. my room is sort of a shithole, but it was the nicest vacancy the guesthouse had. i'm staying in the very front room of the second floor and the view from my small window faces the beach, and the sand is literally steps away. i also have my own bathroom and balcony where i can see the street and beach, so i can overlook most of the other minor details here that would be nice if they were different. (haha and i know there's special about having my own bathroom and shower, but none of the other rooms i previewed had them). there's no tv in my room and it's nice and quiet. it's almost 2am and i'm in bed right now, and the only thing i hear are the constant waves that are crashing. aaaaahhh. i'm so grateful to be here.

i've been mostly eating street food and everything so far that penang has had to offer has been really really good. i had this noodle dish today across from the street from the Oriental Hotel and i could've easily eaten five of them, but i convinced myself to save room for other dishes to stuff my face with. penang is also known for something called white coffee and that was refreshing as well.

i'll be staying at this bath ferenggi guesthouse until i leave for bangkok on monday. it's the first of my three nights here, and while i was exhausted all day, i can't sleep. but i should try. alright, back to listening to the waves and my thoughts in the darkness.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:34 AM

    I wonder what your thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. will visit Penang on 1st April, still 2 weeks again, but seems it's a good place, i hope so. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know that you like Penang. Go try out 'laksa' nearby the bus stop to 'Kek rok si' temple. It's the best in Penang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most importantly, it has wifi, right????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most importantly, it has wifi, right????

    ReplyDelete