Monday, October 01, 2012

I'm going to be thirty next year and I can already feel some differences in my body---which I don't think is the worst thing to ever happen---and a part of those changes is how my body reacts to alcohol.

There are some days-after when I'm completely fine and feel like my old self, but then there are others where I just can't function at all. I guess the amount of alcohol devoured should be considered too, but regardless, the way it makes me feel has definitely changed. However, the fact that I don't really have any friends or drinking buddies to just call up and grab a beer with also comes into hand in regards to my going out much less. I used to just do my drinking/self-medicating alone at home like a normal person, but even that's something I rarely do anymore. Grabbing a drink alone at any bar in Bangkok is just pointless (unless I'm just in the mood to get really wasted) because none of the bartenders talk with you, and starting an interesting conversation with someone who is normally not even used to engaging with strangers in a bar like that is definitely not happening, or nor would I even want it to most times. Sometimes if I get drunk by myself somewhere and don't have anyone to talk to (which has a 100% rate so far), I just go stuff my face instead. Thai street food tastes even better when you're wasted, but then when you end up making multiple food stops by yourself, you know you're treading on thin ice. And, drunkenly over-eating would not be the only thing I would sometimes end up regretting the next morning.

So for whatever factor, I currently drink maybe once in two weeks or if there is someone in from out of town.

But tonight, I have this strong urge to just go out and get wasted. However, I'm already home and feels like a bit of a hassle to get ready to go out alone with no desired destination.

Maybe I'll just order a pizza instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment