Friday, February 17, 2012

here is today's WHO CARES.

the weather here in bangkok is starting to swelter again. april is the hottest time of year for this region, and it's also when the nation's most celebrated annual holiday, thai new year, takes place. since i pretty much usually always walking or am walking to and from taking public transportation, i've been literally coming home drenched in sweat from the bts stations for the past few days. and when i mean drenched, my shirt is soaked and sweat is dripping off my chin. sometimes my uncontrollable sweating can get annoying, but oftentimes i don't mind it because it's really helping my skin. today was overall a good day though because when i got to the cool youngish mom's house, i miraculously wasn't dripping in sweat like usual. then later on i went to the largest book store in bangkok, the kinokuniya at one of the major malls here, and the book i wanted to buy was slightly damaged, so i received a 10% discount after inquiring about it---score, with my ฿24 discount. i can't seem to concentrate on reading just one thing nowadays, so i've been jumping between different books and magazines. i know i really need to stop doing that because i think it's just not right. when i was using the bathroom today in a different mall, the button off my pants popped off and fell into the urinal. that was a first, and i thought about retrieving the button i've known for four years, but i decided it would be probably best to just let go. i watched the iron lady the other night, and really thought it was a great film. i love me some meryl streep in character. it started playing last friday at my favorite theater, scala, and as always i sat in my favorite seat, U5. the theatre started playing the descendants today and i caught the evening showing. the film had some good moments, and it really made me depressed about dying, but overall i wasn't a huge fan. some of the characters' actions in the movie annoyed me as well. i've been having a lot of dreams about my old neighborhood back in queens, flushinggg, and they've all been so odd. i always wake up feeling really weird, and like i really want to go check out all the places i used to hang out at. i've actually avoided going back for quite awhile because i don't think i'm ready, but hopefully i will be when i do actually return to nyc. ah, flushing...

1 comment:

  1. I don't miss Flushing as much as I thought I would. I only went there for the food - wanton noodles -- because it was closer and easier to get to than say, Chinatown from my old apt. in Queens.

    ReplyDelete